Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Spotlight On: Busy Lizzy (Liz Osheim)

Allow to me to introduce myself, my name is Elizabeth Osheim, my friends call me Liz. My husband Terry and I have been stationed in Geilenkirchen since July of 2008. It is hard to believe that our three year tour here in Germany is fast coming to a close. I am what people often refer to as an “Army brat”. My father was in the service and I grew up only knowing moving around, although I call the Seattle area home. My husband also comes from a military family; he has two brothers who are both active duty Air Force and his Father retired from the Air Force. I am one of ten children and grew up in a loud, fun, loving, warm and generous family. We have no children, but between us we have over 30 nieces and nephews, we enjoy being the (mostly) favorite Aunt and Uncle.

Prior to GK, we were in Charleston South Carolina. I love the motto of a favorite costal town, Folly Beach……."Where land ends and fun begins." I have enjoyed all the different places we’ve lived and although it is hard to leave friends behind I am always looking forward to the next adventure.

If I had one superpower it would be to have a never ending pot of delicious soup with the ablity to transport into any town at any time so I could feed all the hungry people………my name would be something catchy like Busy Lizzy, here she comes! Most people who meet me get to know me very quickly as I am talkative, full of optimism and quick to laugh. My hobbies include cooking and any attempt to craft…..this is the first time in my life that I haven’t had a job and yet I manage to keep very busy. I even write a blog for family and friends to keep up with my stories of "Life with Liz”. People may be surprised to realize that I worked at Kennedy Space Center, helping launch the Space Shuttle, for 8 years! That is where I met my husband, while he was visiting his father, whom I worked with at the time.

No comments: