Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Spotlight On: Shannon Maris

Hi, I'm Shannon Maris. I'm from the East Coast originally, but being a Marine Corps brat we moved around a lot. I met my hubby in Fl right before our senior year of high school. We dated, fell in love and married two years later. We have two daughters, Emily is 8 and Autumn is 6. We just moved here to GK in May from Brooks City-Base in San Antonio, Texas. It was really hot there and I can't wait for it to be really cold here. In my spare time (when I have it), I like to read, watch movies, and just hang out with family and friends. I'm currently working on getting my Bachelors in Business Management so that takes up a lot of my time!

Living here in GK has had it's ups and downs...the second week we were here, I got really sick and was taken to the ER. I had a massive Kidney infection. I stayed in the hospital for 5 days while they poked me and took blood, and I had to take really nasty medicine. Then I developed allergies to Hay which gave me really bad sinus infections. So, I love Germany and all it's beauty, but I don't think Germany loves me!!


One fact that is not commonly known about me is I grew up loving Opera. I love playing the flute, and I love Opera and Classical music. I love anything and everything written by Andrew Lloyd Webber and The Phantom of the Opera is my all time fav!!

If I was a super hero, my name would be "SuperMOM" and my power would be multitasking and getting everything done that needed to regarding my girls. (With enough time to spare for a nice, quiet night with my hubby! )

No comments: