Sunday, November 2, 2008

SPOTLIGHT ON LAURA "TIMELESS WOMAN" VALLE

My name is Laura Valle and oddly enough I am not really from anywhere. My father was career Air Force and I moved every 3 to 4 years of my life. I went to 4 different high schools and lived in 4 different States – Oklahoma twice and Alaska for 8 years at both Eielson and Elmendorf Air Force Bases. My grandfather, a navigator, was also career Air Force, and now my husband is also career Air Force making for 3 generations of family serving our country - all in AWACS. We were stationed at Tinker AFB prior to coming to Geilenkirchen, and in fact, my husband was in the same squadron my grandfather was in 24 years ago. We have been married since July 2005, and do not have any children as of yet. We do have two wonderful pups though, Asia – a Manchester terrier mix and Cuba – a short haired Border collie mix. Both dogs were rescued from the OKC shelter; Cuba a day before D-day. In my spare time I love to travel Europe, go to Paris as often as possible and practice and teach Ashtanga Yoga in Sittard. During the day I work as the New Parent Support Nurse and Home Visitor for the Triborder Community, helping new parents prepare for labor, delivery and parenthood in a foreign country.




(Finish the sentence) Living here in GK has been…
quite an amazing experience. I love the proximity to so many great locations, cultures, languages and people from a variety of backgrounds and all walks of life. I love the fresh, seasonal food and open markets, the European clothing and just all of the opportunities living in Europe has afforded me. I’ve been able to take both German and French languages, become a certified Ashtanga yoga teacher in Paris, travel extensively and make friends from many different countries. I am completely smitten with living abroad!




Name one fact that is not commonly known about you.
Hmmm… I am a pretty open book with my close friends, but commonly I do not think most people know that I am a vegetarian, or that my grandmother is Mexican and that I’ve lived and went to university in Mexico.


If you were a superhero, what would your name be and what type of power would you have?

If I were a superhero, my name would be Timeless Woman – I would never age, I could fly, be invisible and I would never need sleep. ;-)

No comments: