Sunday, November 30, 2008

SPOTLIGHT ON: Susan "NOT working in a window" Roberts


My name is Susan Roberts. My dad was in the Air Force, so home is where?? Falmouth, Massachusetts on beautiful Cape Cod is where I have lived the longest, so I guess that is where I am from. It is a conversation we frequently have at our home! I have two children. Sarah, 19, is a sophomore at Eckerd College in St. Petersburg, Florida. Matthew, 17, is senior here at AF North. I work a couple of days a week for Hallmark at the Shoppette at Schinnen.


My main hobby would be quilting. I love to quilt! For the last year, I have been making Patriotic lap quilts for the wounded soldiers at Landstuhl hospital. Not nearly as many as I hoped to make, I am hoping to make a lot more in the New Year. I am the Treasurer of the Booster Club for AF North High School. I try to volunteer for MOPPS. So some of you might have seen me with your adorable babies.


We have been at GK for 3 years now. Prior to that we lived in Lisbon, Portugal. I also love the beach and to travel. I met my husband in Amsterdam 22 years ago. And, no, I was NOT working in a window when I met him!! We have been traveling around the world together since. Christmas Day is when I celebrate my birthday. My husband always makes sure I don't miss out on Birthday gifts. The question asked was, "If I was a superhero who would I be?" I can't imagine being a superhero, but if I was I am sure I would have a quilted cape!!

No comments: