Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Spotlight ON: Karen "Time Turner" Abernathy

Spotlight Questionnaire

You have been chosen to be in the AWGK spotlight!
The Spotlight section of the AWGK Newsletter and the AWGK website is to allow the person in the spotlight to introduce themselves to other AWGK members. Hopefully with this questionnaire, other AWGK members will get a little insight of who you are. This is also your chance to let others know something interesting about you that they may not have known before. You’re in the spotlight! This is your chance to shine!
First, I would like for you to introduce yourself…Just a paragraph about YOU.

Where are you from?


My father was in the Army, so I grew up moving around. I was born in Hawaii, and have lived in Washington, Georgia, North Carolina, Florida, Virginia, and most recently California. I also spent several years in Berlin. Most of our extended family is now in Georgia, so that is kind of "home"
My husband and I both attended the Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta, which is where we met. I graduated with both my BS and MS in Civil Engineering. I worked for a while doing roadway and airport design, before leaving to get married.

Where you were stationed before GK?


Before GK, we were stationed at Point Mugu in southern California. The base is home to the west coast E-2C Hawkeye squadrons. It is a beautiful area, just north of Los Angeles and just south of Santa Barbara's fabulous wine country.

How many kids do you have?


I have two daughters. Amelia is 5 and Alice is 3.

What do you do in your spare time? Or what you would like to do in your spare time?


I enjoy reading and spend way too much time at the Brunssum library. (Feel free to say Hi next time you are there, I am probably lurking in a corner somewhere...;) I also enjoy traveling and I am trying to get as much in as possible while we are here. I really like getting the "local" experience and tend to find some out of the way places, not just the main tourist stops.
Feel free to put your personality in there.


Secondly, here are just a few more silly questions we would like for you to answer.


(Finish the sentence)

Living here in GK has been…


wonderful. Since my husband is in the Navy, this is a very off the beaten path tour for us. We really enjoy getting out and seeing as much as we can.

Name one fact that is not commonly known about you.


My high school boyfriend is now a professional Ultimate Fighter. Yeah, it shocks me too:)

If you were a superhero, what would your name be and what type of power would you have?


I would be a time turner. I would be able to manipulate time so that I could go back and have more time in the great times, and be able to fast forward through the bad.

No comments: